Dundalk is a designated stop for the Official Giro Carnival Cars which will descend on Dundalk approx. 60-90 mins before the race and reward the awaiting crowds handing out free goodies. Keep up to date on all the cycling action live on the Big Screen at the Market
- The party will get underway Sunday at the Market Square from 11.30am, with the approximate arrival time of cyclists into Dundalk between 1.30pm and 1.50pm.
- Cycling time trial competition on the Market Square hosted by Halfords Dundalk who is sponsoring a top of the range bike worth €800.
- Keep an eye out for the stilt walking, unicycling street performers who will entertain the crowds as they await the race and there will be lots of fun for younger cycling enthusiasts, including free face painters who will be joining in the carnival atmosphere.
- Many local businesses will be celebrating inside and outside their premises in town and along the Giro route so remember the 3 P’s
- Pick your viewing point in advance
- Plan how to get there – how far away you will need to park etc. (official road safety closures from 12 noon)
- Pink apparel, plenty of photos and enjoy the party!!